Cody

Cody
Look at those dimples!!!

Friday, November 2, 2012

Hong Kong

On our way to Hong Kong

 

Well we are on our way. Our flight took off at 3:00 p.m. Its about 7:00 right now. It really has gone pretty quick (so far). Watched a couple episodes of the office and watched a movie the Descendants. Our dinner was ok I had chicken and rice. We have 11 hours left to go. Have to say we do have a couple of loud crying kids in front of us. I hope they will go to sleep soon. Oh and I sure wish I would have brought my chap stick "my lips hurt real bad" That line was for you Kim and Kasey. I wish Kip would bring me some. It's really hard not to know how things are going at home. I know everyone is doing fine but I wouldn't be a mom if I didn't worry. The anticipation as to what to come seems a little overwhelming at times. An advertisement just came over the personal t.v screen as I was writing this and it said "we love the future". How great is that. I can't wait to see what the future holds. Parts of me are pretty nervous and other parts are so excited. I was remembering the beginning days with Max and the total lack of understanding each other. How great we became at charades. I am hoping the translating app I have works for us. The most important thing I want Cody to understand is the love we have for him. I don't think we need an app for that. Wondering if he will allow us to hug him. We just plan to follow his lead trying not to have to many expectations. So much lately I have tried to put myself in Cody's place. Wondering what he might be feeling. Thinking of how brave he will have to be to leave everything he knows, good or bad. To follow these strange looking, strange smelling, strange sounding people. Not really understanding the word family at all. Not realizing when he gets home he will have so many people who love him. We are ready for this adventure!!!!

 

1 comment:

  1. You'll do awesome!!! Just remember to let him know: You will care for him, You will feed him, you have a place for him to sleep, you will never leave him or lose him!!! Advice from Long, Fu Jiao. She was worried about all those things... She wishes you luck (as do I) and she wishes he will be a good boy with no screaming.. LOL Hang in - and if you want call me - night or day!! I will pm the #.. I am with you in spirit.. HUGS!!!!!

    ReplyDelete